Benvenuto to the Hampton Roads Branch, Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club. If you appreciate the timeless design and exciting performance of Italian sports cars - then you are one of us! Come and join 'La Famiglia Alfa Romeo da Hampton Roads, Virginia'.

Click here to log-in and post a new message!

Monday, July 19, 2004

Update on Amalfi...

Ok, I went over lunch-time to Amalfi's for a dinner menu to pass around for tonight's meeting.  I'm glad I went because I met the owner, Angelo, who is an Alfisto from Napoli (although he drives a Porsche Boxster now).  I don't think you can find a more 'Italian' Italian restaurant on this side of the Atlantic.  Anyway, he told me a little bit about the restaurant.  He has two authentic Italian chefs working for him that spent 30 years in restaurants up in New Jersey.  He does groups from area Italian-American organizations, which is also a good sign about the food. Skip was worried about parking, but all those signs that say "For Center Shops Patrons Only" includes Amalfi customers, so there is in fact plenty of parking behind the restaurant.  When I told him about our club he rattled off all the Alfa's he or his family has owned and asked me why they don't sell them here anymore. 
 
Those of you attending tonight will probably hear my report before reading this so I'll shut up for now.
 
Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to log-in and post a new message!